Getting into fitness can be hard, especially if you have no time to go to the gym. There’s always the alternative of working out at home, though. Unfortunately, many of us underestimate the importance of a home workout and think it’s not sufficient for helping us build muscle and lose weight. This is not true.
There are plenty of workouts at home that can help you be more fit and healthy. Read on as we discuss which are the best workouts at home for weight loss.
5 Best Workouts at Home for Weight Loss
According to Harvard Health, even 15 minutes of physical activity at home can increase your lifespan by 3 years. Here are some exercises that you can consider to be healthier:
1. Jumping Rope
If you are looking for the best workouts at home for weight loss, then jumping rope is a great option. If you are a beginner, then a weighted jump rope is the best option for you. It allows for slower rotations and ensures faster learning. You will also trip less.
Here’s a beginning jump rope workout for you to consider.
- Do 30 seconds of a basic jump.
- Rest for 30 seconds.
- Repeat for 5 times.
If you are looking for tips for the best Workouts at Home for Weight Loss, then we suggest making sure your feet are close together when you jump. Your knees should be slightly bent, and you should jump on the midsoles of your feet. Maintain a soft landing. Besides this, you should keep your jumping height between 0.5 inches to 1 inch.
As far as the best workouts at home for weight loss go, the plank is easily one of the effective exercises you can do at home. This workout targets a number of major muscle groups. It can strengthen the ones in your core, chest, shoulder, arms, back, and hips. It is also great for burning excess fat and calories.
Here is a great plank workout you can consider if you are a beginner:
- Start on all your fours and make sure your torso is flat like that of a tabletop.
- Tighten your stomach muscles and keep your spine straight.
- Place your forearms on the floor and keep your body in a raised position so that only your toes and forearms touch the floor.
- Keep breathing and maintain this position for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Repeat 5 times.
As you get more used to this exercise, you can increase the duration. You can also try out other plank varieties.
Push-ups are among the best workouts at home for weight loss. They are highly popular among fitness enthusiasts, and you can do them anywhere.
These exercises help build upper-body strength and help you work out the pectoral muscles, shoulder muscles, and triceps. They can also strengthen your core and your lower back.
We suggest a standard push-up workout for you. Here’s what it looks like:
- Keep your chest and stomach on the floor and your legs straight out. Your palms should be on the floor, too, and your arms should be bent out at 45 degrees.
- Exhale and start pushing your hands and heels so that your torso and thighs come off the ground.
- Stay in the plank position for one second.
- Inhale and slowly lower yourself back into the initial position.
- Repeat as many times as you can.
We suggest using a yoga mat or a similar surface for push-ups. This is more comfortable than doing push-ups on the bare floor. You should also keep your back flat. It should not be sagging or arching up toward the ceiling. Besides this, your ankles, hips, and shoulders should all be aligned.
Next on the list of best Workouts at Home for Weight Loss is the squat.
Squat exercises are great for burning calories and losing weight. They help strengthen the muscles in your legs and improve the health of your bones and joints. Squats are also great for working out your calves, hamstrings, hip muscles, and obliques. Moreover, they are very simple and versatile.
Here’s a beginner’s workout you can consider when performing squats:
- Assume the proper squat position with your feet apart.
- Dial your feet into the floor and keep your chest up.
- Bend your knees and push your hips back. Lower your body and engage your core.
- Lower yourself until the backs of your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Pause for one second, and then push yourself back up.
We suggest repeating this 15 times and doing 3 reps.
A list of best workouts at home for weight loss is incomplete without lunges. This particular exercise helps increase your muscle mass. It can tone your body and strengthen your leg muscles, hip muscles, and core muscles. Lunges also help improve your posture and mobility.
Besides this, you can work out back muscles, abdominal muscles, hamstrings, calves, gluteal muscles, and quadriceps. If you are thinking of adding lunges to your exercise routine, then here’s a workout that can help:
- Stand your feet slightly apart.
- Take a large step forward using one leg.
- Keep most of your weight on the front foot and lower your hips. Your front foot should remain flat, and your back heel should be lifted.
- Lower yourself until your knee brushes the floor and your front knee creates a 90-degree angle.
- Push yourself back up into the starting position.
You can repeat this 10 times, switch legs, and start again.
Wrapping It Up
And that brings our list of best workouts at home for weight loss to an end. You can start off slow and limit your sets until your body gets used to the strenuous exercises. You should also take a shower after working out. This will help keep your muscles loose and prevent soreness.
Remember, even if you can’t get a lot done, it is okay. It’s important to understand your limits and not push too hard in case you injure yourself. You can also work with a personal trainer at the onset to make sure you have proper form. You should also rest your body between workouts. To learn more about this, click here to read our blog.
Did you find this article useful? Keep following Life Boss for more helpful articles on health and fitness!